Pages

Friday, June 7, 2024

2024 MLB Sleeper Prospects - NL Central

Here's my sleeper prospect selections for the NL Central.


Milwaukee Brewers - Shane Smith

I think the Brewers have many sneaky-good prospects in their system, but Shane Smith, a former undrafted free agent out of Wake Forest, really stands out. The Brewers, especially dealing with injuries, could use Smith in the near future. He finished with a WHIP under 1 last year and a 13.0 K/9, and a 1.27 ERA between the A+ and AA levels.

 

St. Louis Cardinals - Jacob Bosiokovic

The Craidnals brought in a bunch of indy ballers this offseason, one being a returning name in Jacob Bosiokovic, 30. He pitched for Memphis in 2022, and is a converted infielder. The Cardinals have already brought up a few relievers this season for looks - Bosiokovic could get the next one.


Chicago Cubs - Zac Leigh

Zac Leigh, a late rounder out of Texas State, is another pitcher that gets a lot of strike outs. Truthfully, I didn't look at any Cubs players until now, so this isn't a proper pick.


Pittsburgh Pirates - Ryder Ryan

Ryder Ryan's a journeyman RP who debuted briefly for Seattle last season. I caught onto him at the 2021 Olympics, and his strong AAA track record makes me think he can translate his success to the Majors.

 

Cincinnati Reds - Peyton Gray/Blake Dunn

Okay, I'm cheating a bit two of my Reds shortlist have already made the Majors, so it's probably skewing my choices here (though I try my best when I make these picks late to avoid that). So here's my compromise. Peyton Gray ended up starting the season on the 60-day IL, but wasn't placed on it immediately, so I'm going with Blake Dunn, a power speed threat with 53 Sb and 23 HR last season between AA and AAA. It's, needless to say, no shock to me to see him up already.

No comments:

Post a Comment

2024 Phillies Pre-Season Prospect Rankings - Rookie Levels

I neglected to finish my Phillies pre-season prospect lists, so here are my lists for the rookie levels and of unassigned players: FCL: Devi...